The Shire of Cocos (Keeling) Islands Strategic Community Plan 2022-2023
The Shire wants to talk to you about our future!
We are developing the Shire of Cocos (Keeling) Island Strategic Community Plan 2022-2032 – which guides the actions we take to deliver on your ideas.
Your input to the last Strategic Community Plan has led to more than 80 outcomes being actioned or that are in progress. This includes:
• construction of two new homes on Home Island as a pilot program to showcase cost-effective housing options;
• development of a Foreshore Activation Plan;
• maintenance and upgrade of facilities;
• development and roll-out of youth and senior programs, including soccer and volleyball events, the Meet & Greet at Kambong Atas and the learning technology session with the CRC; and
• commencement of the Coastal Hazard Risk Management and Adaptation Plan for the Cocos (Keeling) Islands.
The community engagement part of this project is an important opportunity for you to get involved and share your ideas – big or small – on your vision and aspirations for ‘Our Cocos’.
There are lots of ways you can get involved:
- Complete the survey – physically or online (April 2022)
- Register for project updates
- Talk to us at the engagement activities on-island (20 May to 27 May 2022)
- Share your thoughts and ideas directly with us, on social media and/or on the project website.
Visit the project website to watch the Welcome Video, read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), take the survey and register your interest to attend the project engagement activities. The project website is https://getinvolved.mysocialpinpoint.com.au/cocos-keeling-islands-our-future