In addition to general maintenance and upkeep, other works for the month of July have included:
- The completion of back laneways brick paving;
- Installation of fencing from house 77—96 back laneways;
- The refitting of stairs and ramp at Home Island Cyclone Shelter has commenced;
- The Pondok Abang refurbishment, which has included new eco-deck installed on the jetty and, kerbing and paving the path to the jetty, has been finalised and is looking great;
- Retiling ablutions (laundry, bathroom toilet) for ten Home Island rental properties has commenced;
- Staff have completed the first spray of Siam Weed. The process will be repeated every two months with September being the next scheduled inspection and spray;
Upcoming Works for August 2018
New Priority - Rebuilding South End Road (Air Force Road) and reinstating sandbags to the north and south of West Island. We are investigating funding options and currently negotiating with the Department to access funding for these emergency works.
- Fencing back laneways; and
- Home Island Cyclone Shelter (steps and ramp, installing hot water system, extraction fans in bathrooms, bunding around generator and exhaust installation to the generator).
- 4 Outside BBQs have arrived with two going on each island. Its locations will be discussed with Council after sourcing feedback from the community.